Thursday, June 16, 2011

Best Father's Day Present - EVER!


It's been about a week now since the Dallas Mavericks won their first NBA championship...and I'm still buzzing about it. I still have the final game on my DVR. I'm not ready to delete it yet. I'm guessing I'll be watching it once or twice more over the summer.

I've been a die-hard fan ever since the team's inception in 1980. I've seen the playoff years, and I've seen the "God awful" years. My friends and I went to all the draft parties downtown every year, we went to games wearing paper bags over our heads, and we would even sometimes attend the "player introductory" press conferences for new players after they were drafted. In the early 90's we would even go to the training camps when they were held at Moody Coliseum at SMU (often times we were the only ones in the stands.) Seeing the team hoist that trophy Sunday night was pretty special for me. It was worth the wait.

Ben and I watched the "celebration parade" from Dallas today online. That was pretty cool.


Seeing Dirk on the cover of Sports Illustrated is pretty awesome.


This is just plain funny.


And seeing the team host the "Top 10 List" on David Letterman last night was just...well...surreal.


So let's see now. That's 5 championships for the Cowboys, 1 for the Stars, and now 1 for the Mavericks. I'm looking at you Rangers. You're on the clock.

Still can't believe the Mavs are NBA champions. Best Father's Day present...EVER!

No comments: