Monday, October 15, 2007

Little Climber





In Ben's sports class on Saturday all the kids got to climb the climbing wall. It was pretty funny watching 3, 4, and 5 year olds trying to climb up this huge wall. The highest any of them got was about halfway up. Pretty good for such little guys. Ben is one of the youngest in the class, but he held up very well. He did great. Better than I expected him to. It must be a weird thing for a kid to figure out. I'm not sure Ben fully understood that if he let go of the wall he wouldn't fall because of the rope.
Maybe in a few years when Ben is older this is an activity we might be able to do together. This was the first time I had ever paid real attention to climbing. Afterward, I looked into getting some lessons for myself sometime. Looks like a lot of fun.

No comments: