Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Things I love at Halloween

* Going trick-or-treating with your kids. (And then later eating their candy.)
* Picking out pumpkins in the pumpkin patch.
* Carving pumpkins. My favorite is still the old fashioned scary jack-o-lantern. (Probably because of below.)
* Reading "Legend of Sleepy Hollow." I read this story every year at Halloween. The last scene always gives me chills.
* Watching Boris Karloff as Frankenstein. The original black-and-white version is still the best monster movie ever.
* Reading Edgar Allen Poe stories. "Tell Tale Heart," "Black Cat," "House of Usher." Any Poe story will do.
* Watching "Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" with your wife and kids. A Halloween classic. Jenny and I have been watching this at Halloween long before we had kids.

No comments: