Monday, May 26, 2008

SUPER FRIENDS

As Ben and I continue to wait for the Speed Racer cartoon from Netflix, I rented the 1977 SUPERFRIENDS show for us to watch in the meantime.

Ahhh...what great memories. I used to watch these cartoons all the time. I thought this would be a fun one for Ben to watch. Superman...Batman and Robin...Wonder Woman...Aquaman...they're all here. His favorite of course seems to be the Wonder Twins and Gleek the monkey...which were add-ons to the show for comedic effect.

Anyway, we're both having fun watching these classic cartoons. What I forgot about these shows are all the added elements. Each episode contains not only 3 stories, but also health tips, safety tips, and even magic tricks.

Best of all...who can forget the classic line: "Meanwhile...in the hall of justice!"

No comments: