Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 08'

Another Halloween has come and gone. I think all of us think that this year's Halloween was our best ever. We say that partly because Ben ran around all night saying "this is the best Halloween ever." But Jenny and I both agree with him. The weather was warm and dry, it was a Friday night so everyone could take their time with everything, and Ben and his friends are now old enough to know what to do with trick-or-treating and the whole routine. They now understand the holiday and are able to take in all the fun and magic of it.

As for us, we've kind of made Halloween extra special for us. I guess everyone gets into Halloween, but we've kind of made it a bigger deal than normal here at our house. It's kind of a month long thing around here. We have our own little customs and routines. We have our "pumpkin day" at the pumpkin patch, we have our trick-or-treat party on Halloween, we had an "official" Halloween party 2 weeks ago, and of course all sorts of goodies, treats, and decorations.

Jenny and I were talking the other day about it. The kids will always have Christmas, and it will always be a big deal in their lives. But as for Halloween...it's usually only a big deal when you're young, or you have young children. I guess we want to make Halloween as magical as we can, and give them lots of fun memories. I guess it's been working. Last week Ben told me Halloween was his favorite holiday.

The day when the kids will want to trick-or-treat by themselves will be here soon enough...but until then it will be fun while it lasts. Time is so short when they're this age, and I guess I want to do all I can to make the most of it.

By the way, I was going to dress up as "Joe The Plumber" this year...but I ran out of time. Besides, if I answered the door with a plunger in my hand people would have thought we were having an emergency.

Hope everyone had a fun Halloween! Love to all...

No comments: