Sunday, November 16, 2008

Priority #1

Forget about the economy! The Iraq War? Pish posh. Formulating a true playoff system in college football is what we Americans REALLY want. Am I right? This is a national emergency!

Here's what was in the news today...

---

"President-elect Obama in his first post-election interview held to his campaign promise and said he will push for a college playoff system.

'If you've got a bunch of teams who play throughout the season, and many of them have one loss or two losses, there's no clear decisive winner. We should be creating a playoff system,' Obama declared.

His plan: 'Eight teams. That would be three rounds to determine a national champion. It would add three extra weeks to the season. You could trim back on the regular season. I don't know any serious fan of college football who has disagreed with me on this,..So, I'm going to throw my weight around a little bit. I think it's the right thing to do.'"

---

It's kind of funny to think about Obama getting involved in this. But the football fan in me is rejoicing that someone is finally putting their foot down and saying enough is enough.

No comments: