Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lego My Lego

The other day was a snowy and cold day, so we spent most of the day indoors. On a whim, I went down to the basement and pulled out my old box of Legos that I played with as a kid. I was really into Legos back in the day, and I had been planning on giving them to Ben when he's a little older. So I thought it was something we could do for an afternoon. He loves to build things with his big blocks in the playroom, and build with his toddler legos...but he's never really been exposed to the true smaller-piece Legos before.
Well...he was completely blown away. We spent all afternoon making cars and spaceships and houses. He loved it. Now he always wants to play legos. I keep the box now on top of the fridge. I still don't think he's ready to play with them unsupervised because he'll probably lose the pieces and then Megan will find them. But when he wants to play with them I get them down and we sit at the kitchen table for a while. He loves it. I can already tell he's going to be a "Lego Kid" when he gets a little bit older.



No comments: