Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A funny story. Uh...actually...a not so funny story.

So the other night Jenny and I decided to call it a night. We turned off the TV and Jenny headed upstairs to check on the kids one last time while I let the dog out. Jenny then called down to me..."Steve! Megan threw up!" I got upstairs and found Jenny removing Megan's sheets in her crib. Both Megan and the crib sheets were covered in vomit. Lots of it. It was on Megan's clothes, caked in her hair, all over her hands and face, everywhere. Evidently Megan had not only thrown up all over the place, but then she went back to sleep and slept in her own filth. Not once did she ever cry or utter a sound. Jenny and I obviously felt bad for her...lying there in a pool of her own vomit, but we had no idea anything had happened. Not once did we hear a peep out of her on the monitor.

So that was Megan's first night with the stomach virus that has now hit 3 of us...Jenny, Megan, and I. It hit me like a freight train last night. Practically wiped me out. I was close to passing out on the bathroom floor last night...completely flushed out from emptying my stomach. (I'll spare you all the details.) I'm feeling a lot better today, and so is Megan...but now Jenny is coming down with it. So far Ben hasn't been affected. We'll see how long that lasts.

It seems like once a year we all get hit with a stomach virus of somekind. In the past, it's always been Ben that brought it home from school. This year Megan was the one to bring it home from somewhere.

What a day...

No comments: