Wednesday, March 4, 2009

THE SUPER FRIENDS


This is what Ben is into right now...the old Super Friends cartoons from the late 70's. These are the episodes that I watched as a kid. I loved them then...and I can see now how much Ben loves them. I got some of these last summer for Ben to watch and he couldn't get enough. So I thought I'd order some more on Netflix since Ben loved them so much.
It's funny watching these again after all these years. The stories are simple. There's usually some mad scientist somewhere bent on taking over the world, and it's up to the Super Friends to stop him. There's also a repeating formula in each episode, with all these hilarious short segments that are designed to be educational (health, safety, magic tricks, etc.) But whatever the formula is here...it works. I loved the show as a kid, and Ben now loves it. Even Megan will say "Batman" when she sees him on the screen. It's kind of funny...but also a bit embarrassing. Ben is just blown away by these shows, and he is always excited when we get another one in the mail.

No comments: