Sunday, November 22, 2009

From The Shelf


THE TWILIGHT ZONE: 19 ORIGINAL STORIES ON THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY - I'm a big fan of the original Twilight Zone shows. Even though the original series is over 50 years old several of the stories still hold up. In fact, I still set my DVR to record Twilight Zone episodes so I can catch all my old favorites. (My all time favorite is the episode with William Shatner who's a passenger on an airplane and he sees a gremlin messing with the engines on the plane's wing.)
So as a fan you I was obviously interested when I came upon this anthology of "Twilight Zone-esque" short stories. This book is a collection of new stories by current writers, and all the stories follow the traditional formula for all Twilight Zone tales...strange happenings with an unexpected twist at the end. This was a fun read, and I was impressed with a lot of the stories here. Stories like "A HAUNTED HOUSE OF HER OWN," "ANTS," and "TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES" really grab the personality of the original series. You would swear you're reading the script for one of the original episodes. Anyway, this was a fun read.

No comments: