Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Meet The Strikers!"

Monday night was our first soccer practice for our new spring team. The kids chose "The Strikers" as the team name...which warmed my heart because when I was a kid my soccer team was also called "The Strikers."
This will be my third season coaching, and my friend Sean Norman (Parker's dad) is going to assist me. He and I coached together in our first season (The Fireballs) and it worked out great. We both have the same attitude and mindset about coaching, and we both like to make the practices fun for the kids.
This season should be pretty fun for Ben I think. For the first time he has 3 of his close friends all on the same team...Miles, Parker, and Kelvyn. The funny thing is sometimes my biggest challenge as coach is keeping my daughter off the field. She insists on getting in on the action sometimes.
Anyway...it should be a fun season. Our first game is this Saturday.






No comments: