Friday, November 5, 2010

At The Movies - Ben & Megan Version



ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN and RETURN FROM WITCH MOUNTAIN - I remember these old Disney "family friendly" movies from the 70's. I loved them as a kid, so I rented them thinking Ben and Megan might enjoy them. For those of you who might not remember, these two movies are about a group of kids from outer space with magical powers. Ben paid close attention and really enjoyed them. As a matter of fact, so did Megan...which was surprising to me since the movies are live-action. Anyway, I think I'll rent more of these old Disney classics. It's interesting to see they're still entertaining after all these years.

THE PRIVATE EYES - This is a spooky classic from 1980 starring Don Knotts and Tim Conway. The pair star as a duo of bumbling detectives in a spooky mansion. In the spirit of Halloween I rented this for Ben in particular. I remember watching it in the theater when I was a kid and laughing my butt off...so I thought Ben would love it as well. Well...I guess I was mistaken. While he did laugh a few times, he was more scared than entertained. There are a few moments where things jump out at you, and that really got to Ben. Poor kid. That night I think he was up til midnight watching every shadow in his room. Oh well...

No comments: