Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2 Great Shows I Want To see More Of


BOARDWALK EMPIRE - Jenny and I just finished Season 1 of this series from HBO. For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, the show takes place in Atlantic City in the 1920's and 1930's. The show's central storyline follows rival mobsters during the time of prohibition. Steve Buscemi plays "Nucky," a powerful political figure who controls Atlantic City (thanks in part to his mob goons.) Executive Producer Martin Scorsese teamed up with the creators of THE SOPRANOS to make this incredible show. Anyone who loves a good drama will love this. It's well produced, well acted, and well written. Great show!

THE WALKING DEAD - I recently finished watching the first season of this great series from AMC. I'm sure many of you aren't familiar with this show so I'll give you the skinny - it's about zombies. Actually, it's about a group of survivors in the Atlanta area struggling to survive a massive outbreak of zombies. Now I'm not a "zombie movie" kind of guy, so I was really surprised to love this show so much. Yes it's gory and grotesque, but it's also a great drama, because it focuses more on the survivors than the zombies. And as an added twist, this is the first zombie show I've ever seen where you actually feel sympathetic toward the freaks. In most films zombies aren't treated with respect, but here you actually understand that most of them want to rest in peace, but they can't. Anyway, this show isn't for the faint-of-heart...but it's by far one of the best dramas out there. Great show!

No comments: