Monday, March 31, 2008

"Spam spam spam spam....spammity spam!"

(For those of you who don't know what the title means, it's a Monty Python skit.)

Anyway, occasionally I get spam but not a lot of it like other people. But here's one I got today that just made me laugh. Here's one of the oldest internet hoaxes...only this time with a new twist. The following is the email...word for word.

--------------------------------
Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Alexander A Flockhart
Board of Director Officer of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd.I have a Secured
business suggestion for you of $30,000,000,00.
Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Col. Hosam Hassan who was with
the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit
for 18 calendar months, with a value of Thirty million United State
Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several notices was sent to
him,even during the war early this year.Notification was sent and still
no
response came from him. We later find out that Col. Hosam Hassan along
with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war.
Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as
a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Col. Hosam Hassan so that
you will be able to receive his funds.Once the funds have been
transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio
of 60% for me, 40% for you, Should you be interested please send me
information,s
below,please send me information,s below,

1. Full names and Age
2. Private phone number
3. Current residential address.
Reply back if interested with any of my private email below;

info.alexander98hk@yahoo.com.hk
--------------------------------

Who in their right mind would take this seriously and give out their information? Unfortunately some people still believe these things when they come around. I think it's hilarious that this guy claims to be on a Board of Directors, but yet doesn't have the ability to write a sentence with clarity, correct spelling, or proper grammer.

These things are so funny to read sometimes.

No comments: