Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sleepless For Seattle

In a few days I'll be flying to Seattle for a weekend camping trip with my friend Mike. We'll be camping at Mount Rainier National Park, a park Mike and I have been talking about visiting for years now. Every once in a while Mike and I get together to camp, or take a trip together. We've been to Big Bend, Olympic National Park, San Diego, and then smaller parks like Caddo Lake in east Texas. We've been averaging about once every 3 years or so, so it's been a while since our last trip. We've been talking for several years now about checking out Mount Rainier and it looks like it's finally going to happen. Should be fun. It will be nice to take some much needed "Dad Time." Hope the rain holds up. Looks like the temperatures are going to be highs around 60, and lows in the low 40's. I better pack some warm clothes. Now where's my Pearl Jam CD's and flannel shirts?

No comments: