Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"The After Party"

This is a rap video I shot and co-produced when I worked in Fort Collins. A colleague of mine and I teamed up to shoot, edit, and produce this video for a local rap artist named Shawn L. Turner. This was made back in 2000 I think. Shawn L. Turner had the concept in mind, but he needed us to produce the video. After we shot it I think we edited it and re-edited for what seemed like forever. We had this song burned in our brains for weeks when it was all said and done. Anyway after we finished the video Shawn was really pleased with it, and he had plans to then take it down to Denver to show on the air on some of the local rap shows. Then he took the VHS copy we gave him and bolted town. He was billed but he never paid our company so he never got the Beta master copy. So I'm sure he quickly realized a few years later VHS doesn't preserve very well.
Anyway, I lost track of him so I don't know if he ever made it or not. Perhaps he's even under a different stage name these days. Who knows. Anyway, here's the video we made. It's called "The After Party." It's pretty faithful to rap and hip hop I think. If only I could find a young indie rock band to make a video for. That's more my thing.

No comments: