Friday, January 8, 2010

Wow! That Was Depressing...


We of course watched the Longhorns last night in the BCS Championship game. Man...that was sad to watch. For those of you who don't follow football Texas quarterback Colt McCoy had to leave the game after only 5 plays, and the backup freshman quarterback struggled all night trying to save the Longhorns hopes at a national title (unsuccessfully of course.)

When I watch the Cowboys and they lose big games I get mad for a bit and then quickly get over it. But when I watch the Longhorns lose big games I have a lot more sympathy in my heart. None of them are paid like NFL players, and they're just there to go to school and play football (most of them at least). Both the media and we fans get so wrapped up sometimes in championships, bragging rights, and whose ranked where in the polls that we all forget these players are still kids.

So I'm just saying I'm still proud of that team last night. They lost the game, but they kept playing until the end and kept pressing on despite Colt's injury. In any sport you watch all the games all season long hoping your favorite team gets a chance to go to its championship. When they do make it and unfortunately lose...well, it's still pretty special.

No comments: