Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cheyenne Animal Shelter

I've been going through my old commercial work from my AT&T Media Services days (late 90's), and I came across these two gems. These two spots were for the Cheyenne Animal Shelter, and I made these back when I was still getting my feet wet in video and television.
They were made to be PSA's and they cost next to nothing, maybe $300 a spot to produce. Really nothing at all. So the first one I produced is the one below. It was very successful, and got a lot of positive feedback in the community (even though it was very depressing). This spot even won me my first Telly Award, so I've always been proud of it. It's simple and straight forward and hits the message straight on. Also, it was this project that opened my eyes to adopting a pet instead of buying one...(thus how we got Glacier.)
Anyway, here's the first spot. And don't worry...the puppy didn't die.

Now after the success of that first ad, the shelter wanted to produce a second one that was...let's say...more uplifting. They loved the first one but they thought it was awfully sad. So I changed it up a bit and produced this funny ad to balance things out. Again, the feedback was very positive and everyone loved it.
(Note to self...it's true what they say about working with animals. DON'T!)

No comments: