Friday, April 11, 2008

The Great Lakes Loons

This year I'm doing work again for the local baseball team, the Great Lakes Loons. This year I'm probably going to do more than double the amount of work I did for them last year. They are devoting more funds to their advertising and TV budget this year I guess. So far I've been creating television ads for their ticket plans, and game events...as well as producing video material for their weekly television show. Also, in the middle of the season the team is hosting the Midwest League All-Star game, so I've already been meeting with them about that and all their graphic and television needs for that event. Anyway, I'm very excited about doing more work for them this year. They're a fun client to have, and a big fish to have for a client in this little pond of ours we call Midland. I feel very fortunate to be involved with them.

Here is the "LOONS WEEKLY" show open. LOONS WEEKLY is a weekly show here in town produced by the team and a local TV station. The show features highlights from the previous week, news and notes, and interviews about the team. Last year the show debuted and the team asked me to produce all the Loons advertisements that would appear on the show. After last season they were very happy with the ads I made, but disappointed with the look and feel of the show.
This year however they asked me to make the ads for the show, AND all the graphic/video elements for the show as well. So that meant I made the show open (shown below), all the graphic backgrounds, name bars, etc. Pretty much everything they need to produce the show at the station. So the exposure for me is great.


Here is the "Events" ad. The open and the close are the same for every ad, (the sections with all the "confetti.") The middle portion showcases upcoming games, and various promotions that happen throughout the season.

No comments: