Monday, April 14, 2008

Say hello to my little friends


When I was 16 I spent a whole summer mowing lawns and washing cars so I could save up enough money to buy my first electric guitar (a Fender), and a small amp (Peavey.) I think the two of them together cost around $500 at the time. Well, I'm 36 now and I have been playing that same guitar and amp ever since I was 16. It's more than a hobby of mine. I guess it's almost therapeutic. Kind of like a release for me. I like to play rock, blues...hard and soft. It all depends on what mood I'm in at the time.
Well, recently I've been considering making an upgrade. Both the guitar and amp were really showing their age. So this past weekend I took the plunge and bought myself a new guitar and amp.
I've always like the Gibson Les Paul model, so I went with the Gibson Epiphone guitar. It's basically the same as a Les Paul, but for less money. I just fell in love with the color. Then for the amp I went with the classic Marshall brand. Can't go wrong with Marshall's. Man does it sound great.

As for my old guitar and amp, well I packed them up and put them away in the basement. I plan on keeping them both in case Ben ever wants to play them someday. In fact, when I put my Fender in the case and closed it up I got a little sad. I realized the next time I would probably look at it would be when Ben is somewhere around 10, 11, or 12.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice setup! I just saw this comment ability, so I figure I'd try it out. I might have to go back to some of the other posts and put random comments on them as well.

So, are you going to try a reunion tour with Melted Brain Tissue??