Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monster Jam!

Last weekend Ben and I went to one of those monster truck shows. Jenny and I saw the commercial for it a few weeks ago and we asked Ben if he wanted to go (as I was secretly praying he said no.) Well...of course he said yes...so I took him. He was looking forward to it all week leading up to it. Then when we got there and the show started he was a little taken back by the noise of the trucks and all the commotion. I kept asking him if he was okay and if he wanted to go home. I could tell he was wanting to stay...but he was unsure about it at first. Well...I kept breaking it up by making multiple trips to the concession stand and the souvenir table (just to get away from the noise of the trucks). Eventually he warmed up to it and enjoyed himself. His favorite parts were the "Superman" truck and the transformer "Galactor."
As for me I couldn't wait for the thing to be over. Not just because of the noise but also the people. Oh man...the people I saw at this thing. Geez! I felt like the smartest person in the arena. What shocked me the most was seeing some kids at this event without earplugs. I brought some for Ben and myself, and it was still way too loud. I can't believe I saw small children with no earplugs. But again...did I tell you I was the smartest person in the arena? Anyway, I eventually had all I could stand of the thing and we left early. But Ben did indeed have a good time. It just took him a while to absorb the whole thing. He wanted everyone to see the monster truck he got at the show. It was one of the trucks we saw. Its name is "Devastator." Did I tell you I was the smartest person in the arena?
Anyway, one of the things I always preach to Ben is "try everything at least once," so that's how I look at this kind of thing. I had never been to one myself and neither had Ben...so I tried to take my own advice to heart.






No comments: