Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Sharks - Game 1

Today was our first soccer game of the fall. This season we are at the age group where they start to play with refs and goalies, and we keep score and standings. So this is our first season of "playing for real."
Well...the boys lost their first game today. I was proud of them how they kept playing hard, and they all kept their chins up. I think the final score was something like 9-0. I think the parents and I lost count after a while. It's funny...this is my 4th season of coaching and we've never had a game quite like today. Maybe the rain had something to do with it. Who knows. But it's okay. We'll practice some more this week and come back next week.
I was proud of Ben today. He played goalie for the first time. He did great. He even stopped a few shots. He told me he enjoyed it but he wished it wasn't raining.








No comments: