Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life At Random

We got our first real snow this week. All week it's been cloudy and grey, with dustings of snow every day. Most of all it's been bitterly cold, with highs around 13 F, and lows around 5 F. Everyone around here is talking about how unusual it is. Anyway, I'll be glad when it warms up a bit. I also started my German lessons this week. My tutor is originally from Germany but he lives in Zurich. He speaks decent English, but we talk a lot in German to one another. It's a challenge for me but it's helping me learn. Also, I found my favorite barbecue sauce here...Stubbs out of Austin. Can't believe I found it here...and I can't believe it's 9.90 francs. That would equate to about $10 U.S. dollars. This week we also got our residency cards. So now we're official Swiss residents. Of course just like the passport photos they don't let you smile.






No comments: