Monday, January 21, 2008

Detroit Auto Show

Ben and I went to the Detroit Auto Show on Saturday. For those of you who don't know it's THE car show in the country. Unlike most other car shows the Detroit show is all about the spectacle. Car companies not only want to showcase their cars, but they also want to attract you with their brand and identity. All the cars are surrounded by huge flat screen panels running flashy graphics and footage of their cars, lights, sounds, etc. It's all about branding. As a graphic designer I get more out of seeing all the branding designs and displays than the actual cars.

I'm not a "car buff" by any means, but I always enjoy the Detroit Auto Show because of the "show" it puts on. And as you can imagine Ben had a blast. He would have sat in every car if we had time. We walked around for 3 hours and he didn't want to leave. I practically had to drag him out of the place. The boy loves cars.











No comments: