Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Fireballs - Game 8

Yesterday was our last soccer game of the season. It was a breezy afternoon...both chilly and grey, but the kids all bundled up and made the best of it. We were the green team, and only half of the opposing team showed up...so things were a little lopsided. Anyway the kids all played great and gave great efforts, and they all enjoyed hanging out together one last time and had a fun time. They even ran through the "tunnel" twice at the end of the game. (That's always their favorite part of the game.)
Anyway, Jenny and I are a little sad that we're now at the end of this whole soccer thing. We really had a great time, and the entire experience exceeded all of our expectations. For me personally, the experience of being a coach on the team was one of the most rewarding things I've done in a long time, and I think Ben liked us doing soccer together.
Week after week I noticed that our kids were having fun together, laughing, and joking around. However, I didn't see that as much from opposing teams at times. It just always seemed to me that our team was having more fun. Sean and I kept the atmosphere positive and fun, but we had a lot of support from the parents as well. So everyone was on the same page. Jenny and I are very thankful that we got Ben in with the right mix of parents and kids. We couldn't have asked for a better group of parents and kids to be involved with. Everyone was great.
We'll see if we can get everyone together again for another season...either next spring or next fall. But Ben seemed to have enjoyed playing this year, and I'm sure we'll do it again sometime.
Here's some pictures from our last game.













No comments: