Sunday, February 15, 2009

Disney Vacation - Day 2

FRIDAY

On Day 2 we got up early again and headed on over to Disney Hollywood Studios. For me it was my first visit to this park, as well as the kids. After the gates opened we followed the crowds over to the Pixar area to ride the Toy Story Ride. It's kind of like a 3-D Shoot-em-up Midway game. It's fun. Ben really liked that one. Also, we walked around and saw a Muppets 3-D show, and got our picture taken with Lightning McQueen and Mater. The kids and Jackie (Jenny's Mom) saw a Clubhouse Disney show, and Jenny and I rode the Aerosmith Rock N' Roller Coaster. I didn't care for it. I was expecting a lot more out of it I guess. Then finally I had never ridden the Tower of Terror so I tried that one. I really liked it. I'm a big fan of The Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom, and the Tower of Terror had some similar qualities to it that I liked.
The highlight of this park for me was our lunch at the Sci-Fi Drive In Cafe. You sit in old 50's style cars and eat your meal, while you watch old sci-fi movie trailers on the big screen. I loved it. I love 50's sci-fi and this was right up my alley.

After lunch we headed back to the hotel for some rest time, and then later met up with Jackie and Judd for dinner at our resort. Finally, Jackie watched Megan for us while we took Ben over to Epcot Center for an hour or so. We rode in Spaceship Earth (the big ball), and rode on the Finding Nemo ride. After all that we walked over to Mission To Space to let Ben play at the space playground. Ben was practically wiped out by the end of the day.




















No comments: