Sunday, August 9, 2009

Estes Park / Rocky Mountain National Park

We just returned from a week long trip to Estes Park in Colorado...which is also the home to our favorite national park...Rocky Mountain National Park. We joined Mat and Beth and Jackson and Luke at the YMCA of the Rockies where we rented a cabin for a week. We spent the days hanging out at the cabin...around the YMCA...and of course hiking in and around the national park. Estes Park and especially RMNP is one of my favorite vacation destinations...if not my very favorite. I completely tune out everytime I go there, and I completely get lost in its beauty and wild grandness. RMNP is without a doubt my favorite national park. I've been to several over the years and Rocky is still number 1 on my list. It's not the biggest and it's not the most beautiful...but it's my favorite because it's so personal to me. This time around was especially great because we got to share it with Ben and Megan. Ben's last time there was when he was a year and a half...so this was like his first time all over again, and it was definitely Megan's first time. Everywhere I look brings back memories from past trips with friends and family. RMNP is truly MY Disney World. I never get enough of it, and unbelievably I still discover new areas of it. Jenny and I feel so strongly about RMNP that we've been members of the Rocky Mountain Nature Association for 10 years now.








No comments: