Saturday, October 17, 2009

Texas / OU Week! As The Dust Settles


Man...what a game. Yes it was ugly. Yes Bradford got hurt again. Yes Colt continues to struggle. But man...it was a fun game to watch once again. I think I had about 5 heart attacks. Yes I always want Texas to beat OU, but more importantly I just want to see a good game. It's such a huge rivalry rich with tradition. There's the Cotton Bowl setting, a historic stadium packed with fanatics. It's so great.

I remember back in the 90's Jenny and I went to the Texas/OU game at the Cotton Bowl. It was a lot of fun then, and I can only imagine how it must be now with the game being in the national spotlight. It's cool to see the game now bigger than ever. It assures me it's going to be on TV up here in Michigan. Hey...don't laugh. I think it was in 2001 when Jenny and I sat down one Saturday to watch Texas and OU play. I turned on the TV and I saw Iowa and Purdue playing or something like that. I think I screamed and grabbed Jenny and we jumped in the car headed to the nearest sports bar. When we got to the first sports bar we sat down and I asked the waiter if we could watch the Texas / OU game. He looked at me confused and said, "Uh...you mean Ohio and Texas?" I was about to strangle the guy. I felt like saying "No you dummy! Don't you know Oklahoma and Texas?" I mean it's not like I was asking to watch some obscure game like Hofstra versus James Madison. Geez!

Anyway...it was a great game. Now we'll see if Texas can finish out the season and go all the way. Still don't know if they can.

Oh...by the way...I won my bet. Now I have to wash my Texas shirt and get it ready for my friend to wear next week. HA!

No comments: