Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Texas / OU Week!


When I was 5 or 6 we moved from Bedford, TX to Oklahoma City, and every year we lived there I can remember our entire neighborhood coming to a halt on the day of the Texas/Oklahoma game. And as you might guess everyone we knew were Sooner fans. One year I remember playing at my friend's house, and his dad had a big viewing party for the game that day. I clearly remember my friend's dad asking me in front of everyone who I was rooting for...and when I said Texas the whole room went silent and then erupted in laughter. I guess you could say I was the elephant in the room that day. I can't remember if Texas won that year or not, but I do remember being the only person in the room rooting for Texas.

Yes, even back then....I was a Longhorn fan.

Now here's your daily dose of Texas/Oklahoma humor...

*********

* "Did you hear about the Sooner who was asked by his professor what would happen if we didn't have electricity? He said we would probably be watching TV by candlelight."

* "What is the difference between a Sooner and a carp? One is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish."

* "An OU football player was almost killed in a tragic horseback riding accident. He fell beneath the horse and was nearly trampled. Luckily, the manager of the K-Mart came out and unplugged it just in time."

* "How many OU freshmen does it take to replace a lightbulb? None, it's a sophomore course."

No comments: