Friday, October 16, 2009

Texas / OU Week!


Well...this is one of those games where you have to throw out the records. Going into tomorrow Texas is ranked 3rd in the country, and OU is ranked 20th, but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to figuring out who's going to win this game. My gut feeling tells me Texas should win this thing. In fact, the national sports media is mostly saying that...and that's what makes me nervous. Usually when everyone is going one way...more often than not you see the exact opposite happening. I do think OU will give Texas lots of fits. Texas has not faced a defense like OU's yet this year, and I think Texas' lack of a true running game will force Colt to throw more...which could prove costly since he has not been throwing as well this year compared to last season. But I'm going to go ahead and predict a Texas win, but I think it's going to be close. I say Texas wins 31-26!

I have a friend here in town who is a big Oklahoma fan, (he used to live in Norman when he was a kid). So as you might expect he and I have been talking about tomorrow's game. He and I coach our son's soccer teams (he and I coached together last year). Anyway, he and I made a bet for tomorrow's game. If Texas wins he has to wear a Texas shirt at his next soccer game, and if OU wins I have to wear an OU shirt at my next soccer game. Should be fun.

Well...I'll finish here with my all-time favorite OU joke. It's short...simple...and straight to the point, and I know you've all heard it.

------

"Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf Of Mexico? Because Oklahoma sucks."

GOOOOOOO TEXASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

(after posting this message Steve was seen running up and down his street screaming "Go Longhorns!" He was last seen wearing a giant foam cowboy hat and waving a giant foam "number 1" finger.)

No comments: