Friday, October 28, 2011

When "Fall" Goes Wrong


On several occasions I've written about how I love fall on this little blog of mine. The spectacular fall foliage, the indian summers, going apple picking, apple cider and donuts, getting ready for Halloween, and of course picking out pumpkins in the pumpkin patch with the kids. Every fall we visit a few of the local farms and let the kids run through the corn mazes, pick out pumpkins, get some cider donuts, etc. It's one of my favorite times of the year. In fact, I took this picture just this morning after dropping the kids off to school. Lots of color still going on.

Now normally I would think fall should be enjoyed by everyone, but now I'm not so sure. Take this story for example. Here's an intelligent family who got lost in a corn maze in Danvers, Massachusetts and had to call 911. Now I really try not to laugh at other people's misfortunes, but come on. It's a corn maze for crying out loud. Yeah you can get turned around, but when worst comes to worst you can simply...I don't know...walk through the corn and get out. My favorite line from the story: "We thought this would be fun! Instead it's a nightmare!"



Now if you thought that was ridiculous here's something even worse. Here's a couple (also from the Boston area) who got lost in an apple orchard. My favorite line from this one: "I just followed my wife. I mean she's the speech pathologist. She's a teacher. She knows everything."

Couple lost in apple orchard calls 911: MyFoxBOSTON.com



Now as ridiculous as getting so lost in a corn maze that you have to call 911 sounds, I guess I can understand it to a point. I mean after all, a corn maze is meant to be confusing. But an apple orchard? Apple orchards are STRAIGHT LINES! The apple trees are SPACED OUT! If you get lost...I don't know...TURN AROUND AND WALK BACK TO THE PARKING LOT!

No comments: