Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy 12th Anniversary!

Last night Jenny and I celebrated our 12th anniversary. My parents stayed with the kids while we went out. We've always joked how in Midland there are no "nice" restaurants. I guess what I mean by that is there are no places for that "special occasion." Unless you belong to the country club your best bets are places like Ruby Tuesday. I know that sounds like a joke, but I'm actually more right than you know. Anyway, Dow recently helped fund a renovation of a Courtyard Marriott, and basically took it over. It's now a "Dow Hotel" for visiting employees and such, and out by the street they put in 3 "nice" restaurants. One is a French Bistro, one is an upscale bar, and one is an upscale restaurant. So since we were celebrating a special occasion we decided to try the "nice" restaurant. This was one of those places where the menu is very upscale. Jenny had the duck, which was served like a steak, and I had the Bison steak that was so tender I could cut it with my fork. The whole dinner was really nice and made the evening extra special. The staff even gave us a card wishing us a happy anniversary. Wow! And in Midland no less. What are the odds?






No comments: