Wednesday, June 9, 2010

School Field Day

The day after Ben's class party was the school-wide "Field Day." Now when I was a kid I couldn't stand field day. You spent all day running races and participating in contests for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place ribbons. Somehow I always missed out on the "place" ribbons and instead came home with a handful of those dreadful "honorable mention" ribbons. Anyway, times have indeed changed since then.
Ben's field day is all about activities and games that you do with the entire class. It's not about competition but more just playing around and burning off some energy. I tell you what, I like Ben's version of field day a lot better than mine. He and his friends all had a blast. Bouncy slides? Really? They get bouncy slides these days? Where was my bouncy slide at my field day? (Sigh...)












No comments: