Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kayaking The Chippewa

At our local nature center (the Chippewa Nature Center) they host kayak trips that take you a few miles down the Chippewa river. It's a lot of fun. You float for about 3 hours downriver, and then you get out within walking distance of your car...just in time for sunset. Man...at the end of a long day (or week) it's a VERY relaxing way to unwind. I enjoy canoeing, but kayaking is so much more fun.
Each summer the center organizes a handful of these trips and they fill up fast...for good reason. Whenever I see them first listed I quickly sign up for all of them so I can try to do as many as possible each summer. Anyway, I took another one of these trips the other night, and for the first time I took along my camera. Fortunately I was able to get some pictures without dropping my paddle. HA!









No comments: