Saturday, October 2, 2010

Adopt-A-Forest

After our soccer game today Ben and I participated in an "Adopt-A-Forest" clean up with our cub scout pack. Several members of our pack volunteered to "clean up" a state forest outside of town. It's a nice chunk of woods but for some reason it's a dumping ground for people who use it, so everyone walked around and picked up trash and junk. I'm not talking about just bottles and beer cans. I'm talking about TV's, car parts, a pile of house shingles, and even a set of snow skis (I found those.) Just crazy stuff. Anyway, I was really proud of Ben. He clearly understood what we were doing and why it was important, and he had fun with his friends Justin (left) and Joey (right.) The dumpster you see filled with trash was completely empty when the day started. So as you can see...there was a lot of junk. To me activities like this is what cub scouts is all about.






No comments: