Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Sharks - Game 5

Today we won our first soccer game of the season! The boys won 3-0 and everyone played great. Sean and I were so proud of the boys after the game. They've been working hard week after week in practice and today it finally paid off. Sean and I have won a lot of games in seasons past, but today's win was the most special. It's just been a challenging season, but today the boys finally got their first win. Everyone was really happy after the game (both kids and adults.) Normally I focus on "effort and hustle" rather than wins and losses, but I really wanted the boys to win a game or two just to know what it feels like. Well...today was the day. This is my 4th season coaching soccer and today's win was the "best win ever!" Another highlight of the day was my parents were at today's game. They're in town for the week enjoying the fall weather, so they had a great time watching the game.









No comments: