Friday, October 22, 2010

"Go See It"

Ben and I are still discovering what Cub Scouts is all about. One of the things we were introduced to was the "go see it." It's basically where the scouts in your den all go on a field trip together. So I went ahead and scheduled the first "go see it" for the scouts - a behind-the-scenes tour of Dow Diamond and the Loons stadium. The boys got to see the team's locker room, the batting cages, the radio station, and the television studio. They all had a blast. There's one other announcement regarding our cub scout den...I'm now the Den Leader. Our current Den Leader is moving and will no longer be around, so I volunteered to take over the reigns. I'm a little nervous because I have no idea what I'm doing yet, and I don't know a lot about scouts yet. But the boys need a den leader, so that's why I volunteered. It might be a case of "the blind leading the blind" but I'll do my best.




No comments: