Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Sharks - Game 4

Had another soccer game today. We lost the game but the game felt like a win to me. The kids played their absolute best game today and everyone gave their hardest effort. The best thing though is I can see clear improvement from everybody, and i guess that's what I mean about the loss feeling like a win. I don't care about wins and losses, but I do care about effort, and today they gave me their best. This season has been a real challenge. I'm coaching 12 kids this season (instead of the 9 I had in the spring) and we haven't won a game yet. I can tell the kids are anxious to get a win, so I've been trying to keep their minds focused on fun things and not wins and losses. Anyway, we have 4 more games to go and if they play like they did today I'm sure that first win will come soon.









No comments: