Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Strikers - Game 4

Today was our 4th soccer game...and what a game it was. I'll get right to the big story today - Ben got his first goal! This is our 3rd season of youth soccer, and Ben has never gotten a goal before. Lately he had been playing great on the defensive side of the ball, and we were really proud of him about that. Then last night he and I talked about "wouldn't it be cool if you scored a goal." So in the 4th quarter I put him on the same line as Jeb and Parker...and somehow the ball trickled in front of him and he shot it in. Jenny and I were so excited on the sideline. I was jumping around and hugging everyone in sight and Jenny was so happy she shed a few tears. We never made a big deal about it...but we have been waiting for 3 seasons now for some kind of sign from Ben that he wanted to score - and today it happened. It was pretty cool to see. The whole thing happened in slow motion for me. He has improved so much this season. It's been great to watch.
Anyway, I got some pictures of some of the kids today. They played a tough game today and everyone was completely exhausted by the end of the game. After the game we celebrated Ben's big moment by going out to lunch with Mark, Miles, and Quinton.













No comments: