Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Bees - Game 2

As I mentioned below Megan had her game today at the same time as Ben's. We were the "white team" and good news! Megan's team won their first game, and for the second week in a row Megan had a goal. I was really proud of the kids today. They played a great game today. They were focused and listened very well. Best of all they all played hard and had a good time. That can't be said for the team we were playing. Most of the kids on the other team were complaining and refusing to try, and the ones who did play decided they wanted to "tackle" our team instead of kick the ball. So that's what's happening to Megan in the 5th picture below.
Anyway, the coach on the other team just didn't have a clue on how to run a little kids soccer team. His kids were just distracted, and often times I had to explain to him the rules. I had to laugh when the other team started handing out snacks after the third quarter was done. I leaned over and told him "Hey buddy...we got one more quarter to play." (At this age we play four 6 minute quarters.) Anyway, it was a good day for the Bees...and for Megan. Already at age 4 she is showing me she understands how to play and what to do. We're talking about 3 and 4 year olds here. Today I saw Megan dribble the ball out of the crowd and she started going the wrong way. But before I said something to her she stopped and turned the ball around and quickly dribbled around the crowd and almost scored. I was pretty amazed. As you can see below she's having a great time.








No comments: