Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Tornadoes - Game 2

Ben had his 2nd soccer game of the season today. Today was also the first soccer game that I missed seeing Ben play in. Megan and I had our game at the exact same time as Ben's, so it was just Jenny watching Ben's game today. That really bummed me out. I've been his coach ever since he started playing soccer and I've been there for all of his games. But now that I'm coaching Megan's team it's inevitable that the kids' games overlap once in a while.
Anyway, the boys lost 4-0, but from what I understand they played a hard fought game. It was just one of those days where the other team was simply more talented. I also heard Ben had a few scoring chances, but the ball didn't bounce his way (one bounced just wide of the goal.) Lately it seems Ben has a "renewed interest" in soccer, I think because Megan is now playing. Sometimes the three of us will go out in the front yard and practice kicking the ball around. It's been fun this year now that all 4 of us are involved. On a side note...Ben's best friend Miles has become our "star goalie." He's got a big leg for punts, and he's quite talented blocking shots. Both Ben and Miles love playing on the same team together.





No comments: