Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Bees - Game 3

Today was "picture day" for Megan's soccer team. It was a special day for Jenny and I because Megan has never had "player photos" done before..so we're looking forward to passing those out soon. Anyway, after getting our pictures done we played our 3rd game of the season. And good news - we won again! Megan's soccer team is playing so great right now. Megan, her friend Abby, and Megan's other friend Matthew are just playing lights out right now. For being 4 years old they all have a clear sense of what to do, and they help all the other players play better. Today we were the "green" team, and Megan got another goal. Right now she's averaging a goal a game this season. She's doing amazing...and she really enjoys it. Another highlight today was a small plane flying back and forth over the soccer fields. The kids kept pointing at it making sure I saw it (so that's what they're doing in that picture below.)
For the second straight week we played a team whose players were a little distracted and fussy (which is the norm for this age.) After the game the opposing coach came up to me and asked me what I was doing to make my team so focused and talented. I just told her at this age it's all about dribbling and keeping the kids smiling. If the kids are happy they'll play hard for you. Simple as that.















No comments: